Monday, January 7, 2008

New Year. Nosier Than Ever.

Greetings and a happy new year!

I am finally back on the right coast, and am settling into the swing of things. Somewhat slowly I might add, but none the less, I'm b-a-a-c-k!

I had a wonderful opportunity to shoot some super-cool LA graffiti shots on my trip. The one above was taken at Venice Beach. Notice that all the surfaces are covered - including the base of the tree. There was a whole little community set up near the walls. Dudes selling spray paint, guys doing their thing, passerbys like me stopping to take photos, all happening against the backdrop of the ocean and blue skies... pretty sweet.

I took class at Millennium while I was in town as well. David Moore. Let's just say, he definitely lived up to my expectations. Hot stuff. (Him? The choreo? The song? I'll let you decide which one I mean...) I couldn't tell you for the life of me what the song was now, but I'm gonna figure it out!!! Fun to be in class out there and see that really, we aren't all so far apart. DC and Cali I mean. Good times for sure. Maybe one of these days Comp Noise will get him out here to teach...

Speaking of Comp Noise... we have some super-exciting things happening in the upcoming months. I am so excited to be starting a new year and a new sound. Looking back on the past five months, I can't believe all that has happened. And I can't believe all that we have to look forward to. Who would have thought?!

Some things to be on the lookout for:
  • Promotion of fantastic featured events and projects on our website and right here on our blog. This month: Capitol Movement Inc.'s fundraiser and silent auction on January 10, 2008.
  • Comp Noise events. Up next: The Smaller Side of War: Building Awareness Through Art March 26, 2008 and Move-Ments: A Journey Through Dance From the Artists Perspective April 10-13, 2008.
  • Life, Rhythm, Move Project performances. Next: Dance Place February 9 & 10, 2008, Dance Bethesda March 8, 2008.
  • Comp Noise clothing line, Scream, launching Spring '08.
  • And of course, daily blog entries right here on all things urban, artful, and DC. The goal is to gather momentum and to eventually create a networking space that will truly be useful for the DC arts community and its supporters.
Join us. Help us. Make Noise this year. Here's to an unbelievably prosperous year!

No comments: